When you are trying to lose fat or build muscle it is almost impossible without a structured weight loss and nutrition plan. According to most, nutrition is more important than exercise alone. Many people believe, nutrition counts for 75% in whether you succeed in losing weight and burning fat.
Below is a list of the best foods that help you burn fat. I have put together a list of twelve foods that will help you burn excess abdominal fat and shown you how to utilize them in every day meals.
1) Lean red meat is one of the foods that help you burn fat the fastest.
Since lean red meat contains quality protein, it helps in increasing lean muscle mass, while burning fat. High amounts of zinc, B vitamins, and creatine are found in lean red meat such as sirloin, red meat stimulates muscle growth and speed recovery between workouts.
2) One of the foods that burn fat are skinless turkey or chicken breasts.
Skinless turkey and chicken breasts have very low fat and preservatives, but are very rich in protein, chicken and turkey breast help in building muscle and stimulate fat loss. Choosing skinless turkey or chicken ensures that the meat contains as little fat as possible, this is because a lot of the fat content is found in the skin.
3) Fish and seafood are a healthy addition to any eating plan, this is because they are high in omega 3 fatty acids that have many health benefits. Fish contains almost no saturated fat, it is a great source of protein that is needed for muscle growth and losing fat.
4) Egg whites are also great to eat because they are fat-free. Egg whites can be eaten anytime of the day, they contain one of the highest quality proteins.
5) Skim milk can provide 8 grams of protein per cup, with very little fat. According to research, calcium increases fat loss, and low-fat dairy products are a rich source of calcium. Skim milk also helps in making you feel full because it contains casein, a protein that you digest slowly.
6) Cottage cheese is also under the category of foods that help you burn fat. Low-fat cottage cheese also has all the healthy vitamins and minerals that are found in skim milk, but what's more important, cottage cheese provides a whole 15 grams of protein per half serving. Low-fat cottage cheese also makes you feel full because it contains casein.
7) Although some people think whey protein is not a food, in fact it is one of the foods that burn fat because it is made from 100% natural sources. Quality protein can be found in whey,(the highest quality) making it perfect in burning fat. Whey is absorbed very quickly, and so it should be consumed sometime soon after exercising.
8) Green vegetables are another one of the best foods that burn fat. Since they are low in calories and high in bulk, green veggies are a great option when you want to eat big amounts. Broccoli, lettuce, green beans, celery, and cauliflower are all great green vegetables. To optimize your fat burning.
9) A fat burning diet needs to include carbs a great choice is brown rice. Brown rice can be listed as one of the best foods that help you burn fat because it is absorbed slowly into the bloodstream and contains large amounts of fiber and nutrients.
10) Oatmeal should also be considered in a fat-loss diet plan simply because it is one of the best foods that burn excess abdominal fat. Oatmeal is a perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fats, and it also reduces the risk of colon cancer and lowers bad cholesterol.
11) Limit yourself to (per day) 2 to 4 pieces of fruit when on a fat burning and weight loss diet, this is because fruit contains excessive calories and harmful, refined sugars.
12) A somewhat surprising entry on the list of foods that burn fat is avocado. Avocado is a rich source of unsaturated fat, making it beneficial to your health. Avocado is rich in potassium, B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K; including it in your fat burning and weight loss diet will help you get positive results.
You can find many more weight loss and fat burning tips in The Truth About Six Pack Abs Program